The project was a turn key project that was replacing the old control panels and renewing the control system to the current standard.
The customer had a couple of demands that the new control system had to meet which were not possible in the old situation:
- Reduce maintenance interval
- Reduce gas use
- Airflow controlling inside the paint room
- More system diagnostics
- Reduce the amount of components
To meet up the customer requirements the electrical system was redesigned whit frequency drives and softstarters in comparison to the old situation were the motors were direct online.
The PLC program was an complete new setup whit safety integrated and features like:
- Peak saving (Automatic temperature reducing during pause times and end of working days)
- Cascade starting of the softstarters (Single softstarter that starting multiple motors in cascade)
- Depth control
The scope of work:
- New function description
- Electrical engineering
- Software engineering
- Control panel manufacturing
- Installing control panels
- Commissioning of the panels and PLC software
- Project documentation (Manuals and calculations)
- Project management.
The outcome of the project was that the maintenance interval went from two times a year for the motor belts to once every 1,5 years. Gas reduced by 15% and painting quality went up by better controlling the airflow